1. What kind of filament does AnkerMake M5 support?
AnkerMake M5 supports PLA, PETG, TPU, ABS. The heatbed temperature is 212°F (100°C), and the nozzle temperature raises up to 500°F (260°C).
2. What slicing software does AnkerMake M5 support?
AnkerMake M5 works best with AnkerMake Slicer, software developed by AnkerMake to achieve high-speed printing with M5. In addition, only AnkerMake Slicer supports AI recognition.
If you prefer, M5 supports Cura and Simply3D and PrusaSlicer.
3. How do I send a design to the printer?
Copy the file to M5 with a USB-C flash drive.
Use AnkerMake Slicer to send via Wi-Fi.
Upload via USB-C with AnkerMake Slicer.
Use the AnkerMake app to send wirelessly.
4. What's in the box?
- Printer base
- Filament holder
- Power cord
- Box of filament
- 16× Screw
- Quick Start Guide
5. What's inside the toolbox?
- L double-open magnetic-suction socket wrench
- M10-M8 open spanner
- Hexagon batch-head H1.5
- Hexagon batch-head H2.0
- Hexagon batch-head H2.5
- Hexagon batch-head H3.0
- Hexagon batch-head 4.0
- M6 sleeve
- Nozzle cleaning needle
- Transition teflon tube
- 0.4 mm nozzle
6. How fast does M5 print?
For best results, we recommend printing at 250 mm/s with 2,500 mm/s² acceleration. The printer is capable of printing between 50-300 mm/s.
Filling speed: 250 mm/s
Maximum printing speed: 300 mm/s
Outer wall speed: 150 mm/s
Inner wall speed: 250 mm/s
Bottom layers speed: 150 mm/s
Initial layer speed: 125 mm/s
Idling speed: 300 mm/s
Pumping speed: 80 mm/s
Acceleration: 2,500 mm/s²
7. Is AI recognition supported without a network connection?
Yes, AI recognition operates on a local system. Even if M5 is not connected to the Internet, AI recognition still identifies the print.
8. What motor driver is used inside AnkerMake M5?
AnkerMake M5 is equipped with the silent motor driver, TMC2209.
9. What type of power supply will be shipped with M5? Will it work in my country?
Yes, it can be used worldwide. It supports voltage from 100-240V AC.
10. How many models can I print with the included filament?
You can print up to 150g of material, which is around 10 #3DBenchy models (60×31×48 mm).
11. Is the filament used for AnkerMake M5 limited? Can other filaments be used on M5?
We recommend using PLA+ materials, but M5 is compatible with most PLA 3D printing materials. Printing results may be slightly different depending on the material you use.
12. What type of nozzle can be used on AnkerMake M5?
AnkerMake M5 supports 0.2, 0.4, 0.6, and 0.8 mm nozzles. We will include a second 0.4 mm nozzle in the package.
13. Does a USB drive come with M5?
A USB drive is not included, but M5 has 8GB of local storage and can wirelessly transfer designs via the AnkerMake app and AnkerMake Slicer.
14. Will the print quality be affected if the screen is placed on the X-axis gantry frame?
Not according to our testing. We put the screen in the position of the X-axis gantry to make M5 more user-friendly. However, it may be difficult to operate the screen when using the X-axis. We plan to optimize this in a future product.
15. Why can't AnkerMake change M5 into a linear rail design?
We found that M5's high-speed printing of 250 mm/s emits noise within the range of a linear rail design and changing to a linear rail design would lead to a more complex installation.
We want you to have reduced noise and a simple routine maintenance process. That's why we selected a specific type of V-wheel when developing M5 to ensure it can handle repeated use and typical wear and tear.
M5's V-wheel is custom-built with Teflon, giving it better resistance to wear, high temperatures, and corrosion than typical polyformaldehyde V-wheels used by other 3D printers. During our tests, M5's V-wheel moved back and forth along a 220 mm long track for nearly 40 days without stopping, and the V-wheel maintained peak performance the entire time.
Just in case something were to happen, the V-wheel is covered under our warranty, and it will be serviced and replaced at no cost.
1. What operating system should I use for AnkerMake Slicer?
AnkerMake Slicer supports macOS and Windows
2. What operating systems does the AnkerMake app support?
The AnkerMake app is compatible with iOS and Android.
3. Does the AnkerMake app support mobile slicing?
Currently, mobile slicing is not supported. We plan to release this feature in a future update.